Ursula C. Cogswell is a Senior Attorney focusing on trial cases. Ms. Cogswell has been a litigator since the inception of her career and has experience in multiple areas of law including personal injury, premises liability, products liability, wrongful death, vehicle, and trucking accidents, negligence, medical malpractice, insurance litigation, fraud litigation, property cases, and commercial litigation. Ms. Cogswell also has appellate experience. Ms. Cogswell is admitted in Florida since 2001 and admitted in Federal Court in the Southern District of Florida since 2007.
Ms. Cogswell graduated cum laude from the University of Miami School of Law in 2000 and has a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, with honors, and dual Majors in Finance and International Business. While in Law School Ms. Cogswell worked at an International Law Firm and thereafter interned for a Magistrate in Federal Court. Ms. Cogswell was also a member of the Law School’s International and Comparative Law Review Editorial Board and participated in the Study Abroad Program taking coursework in European and Latin American Law, as well as participated in the Advanced Legal Research and the Advanced Litigation Skills programs.
- Wrongful death
- Car accidents
- Aviation accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Motorcycle/ ATV accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Premises Liability such as slip and falls
- Medical malpractice
- Juris Doctorate, Cum Laude University of Miami, 2000
- B.A. in Business Administration, with honors, and dual majors in Finance and International Business, University of Miami
- All courts of the State of Florida
- Unites States District Court, Southern District of Florida